Have a splashing time for FREE this November!
You will find something to suit all ages in our Free swim programme
Not been to the pool for a while? North Tyneside Council is celebrating swimming during November – come and see what’s on offer.
- FREE swimming for over-60s all month
- FREE adult beginners lessons
- FREE family diving
- FREE Ducklings for little ones
- FREE Twilight swims
- FREE Disability swimming
November’s ‘month of swimming’ is part of Everybody Active North East – a collaboration of councils in the region during 2016 to promote being active as a great way to stay healthy.
All twelve North East councils have come together to focus on a different activity each month in their own area. North Tyneside is focusing on swimming during November, involving all pools in the borough.
With people living longer, physical activity is becoming more important for adults and older adults, to ensure they’re able to enjoy their lives as pain free as possible. Swimming is Free for all over-60’s throughout November at each of our 4 pools. No need to book – just turn up with your easeExtra card or other proof of your age.
A wealth of evidence shows that an active life is essential for physical and mental health and wellbeing. As well as being fun and a great way to socialise, regular physical activity can guard against future health problems.
The month of swimming activities are just a taster of what’s on offer all-year-round at North Tyneside Council pools. We hope you’ll make swimming a regular part of your lifestyle and look forward to welcoming you soon!
Our month of swimming is part of Everybody Active North East – a collaboration of councils in the region during 2016 to promote being active as a great way to stay healthy.
- Have fun and go at your own pace
- It’s never too late to start – join our beginners class
- Swimming works all your main muscles and supports your body’s weight
- Rhythmic exercise such as swimming has been shown to improve psychological wellbeing
- Studies show that 30 minutes of swimming three times a week can significantly reduce blood pressure
- Humans have been swimming for at least 10,000 years
Participating pools: The Lakeside Centre – Killingworth. Hadrian Leisure Centre – Wallsend. Tynemouth Pool – North Shields. Waves – Whitley Bay