The Hoops 4 Health programme is specifically delivered to Years 5 and 6. Hoops 4 Health links to the Eagles Community Foundation basketball development programme.
Participants in the Hoops 4 Health scheme are offered the opportunity to attend a range of Under-12s basketball clubs across the area.
The key to the Hoops 4 Health programme is in the utilisation of Newcastle Eagles players to push forward a primary message of physical activity and eating healthily to stay alive.
Basketball is promoted as an easy way to keep fit and enjoy yourself. The initial work of the players then feeds into the work of the club’s basketball development scheme – giving children extended opportunities to play basketball.
The roadshows concentrate on increasing the children’s understanding of leading a healthy lifestyle and is done through using the Newcastle Eagles Players as role models.
The programme includes;
- A school healthy living roadshow with Newcastle Eagles Players
- Focus on curriculum based healthy living themes
- 4 hours of coaching from a qualified level two professional coach
- Participation in Hoops 4 Health tournament in North Tyneside
- Top four schools from North Tyneside will progress to the finals held at a Newcastle Eagles home game
- Exit route opportunities to continue playing basketball in local ECF clubs and leagues
To get your school involved with the Hoops 4 Health programme email firstname.lastname@example.org