Our ‘Healthy4Life’ programme helps families across North Tyneside and the title speaks for itself – being healthy is a life-long commitment. Being healthy for one day isn’t going to change your life, the same as having the occasional treat won’t ruin all of your hard work!
So, to turn the ‘a dog is for life, not just for Christmas’ phrase on its head, being healthy is for life, and isn’t to be forgotten at Christmas!
As always, we’re here to help! The Healthy4Life team has created a 12 day guide to a more active and healthy Christmas – with lots of festive fun for the family…
Blitzen’s Berry Blast
This berry-filled smoothie will leave the whole family feeling full and energised, we’ve heard it’s what the reindeer all have before they set off from the North Pole on Christmas Eve.
Packed with lots of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals; the drink helps you to get on your way to your five a day!
- 3 tablespoons of low-fat or 0% yoghurt – vanilla flavour
- 100ml semi-skimmed or skimmed milk
- Handful of blueberries (use frozen, fresh, or tinned in own juice)
- Handful of raspberries (use frozen, fresh, or tinned in own juice)
- 1 banana
- 25g porridge oats
- Blend everything together until smooth and pour into a glass over ice to serve.