Stopping smoking is one of the best things you’ll ever do for your health. If you’re going to quit, now is a very good time to do it.
This is because
- Smoking harms your immune system, leaving you less protected against infections like coronavirus.
- Smokers infected with coronavirus are more likely than non-smokers to develop pneumonia.
- Smoking inside at home around other people could raise their risks from coronavirus, alongside the other harms it causes. Stopping smoking protects the people around you too.
The good news is that even during this time, there is still support available to stop smoking.
There are a number of pharmacies across North Tyneside that can help. Through telephone support, trained stop smoking advisors can help you come up with a tailored plan to stop smoking. They can also arrange access to discounted or free medications to help you to quit. For telephone support or more information; contact one of the following
- Fairmans: 379 Benton Road, NE7 7EE, 0191 266 2016
- D & C Fenwick: 9 Farringdon Road, NE30 3ER, 0191 252 7106
- Fairmans: 7 Front Street, NE25 8AN, 0191 252 0609
- Lloyds: 18 Albion Road, NE29 0HT, 0191 257 0039
- Lloyds: Hawkeys Lane Health Centre, NE29 0SF, 0191 257 2667
- Shiremoor Pharmacy: Unit 2A, Northumberland Park District Centre, NE27 0SJ, 0191 266 8369
- Seaton Healthcare: Shiremoor Resource Centre, NE27 0HJ, 0191 253 3459
- Ashchem: 55-57 Burn Terrace, NE28 7BJ, 0191 262 2731
- Dennis Chemist: 9-13 Tynemouth Road, NE28 0AA, 0191 262 3780
- Fairmans: 22 High Street West, NE28 8HU, 0191 262 3522
- Newline: 11 Coast Road, NE28 9HP, 0191 262 3210
- Newline: 13 Station Road, Willington Quay, NE28 6NB, 0191 262 5728
- Well Pharmacy: 86 Windsor Drive, High Howdon, NE28 0PS, 0191 262 3269
- Morrisons: Hillheads Road, NE25 8HN, 0191 252 1647
- Whitley Bay Pharmacy: 116 Park View, NE26 3QL, 0191 251 1057
If you would like to find out more about stop smoking support that these pharmacies offer please call us on 0191 643 7171. This line is open Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5.00pm
COVID-19: advice for smokers and vapers advice from Public Health England.
Smoke Free Families advice from Fresh around how you can keep your home smoke-free.
Whilst quitting, you can make small changes to your lifestyle that may help you resist the temptation to light up.
You might have tried to give up smoking before and not managed it, but don’t let that put you off. Look back at the things your experience has taught you and think about how you’re really going to do it this time. For more information Click here.
Dr Mike Evans gives some really interesting and useful advice in the short video below
Stopping smoking is one of the best things you’ll ever do for your health. Get started with free expert support, stop smoking aids, tools and practical tips. Download the One You – Smokefree App Here
Millions have used Smokefree to help them stop smoking.
Join them and make this the year you quit. Sign up today for FREE support.